300 Utah Street, Hiawatha, KS, 66434
Hospital: (785) 742-2131
Diabetes & Wellness Education
Hiawatha Community Hospital's Diabetes and Wellness Education Program is accredited through the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). Our mission is to provide evidenced-based knowledge, instruction, guidance, and empowerment to our patients. Taking good care of yourself can seem overwhelming when you have diabetes whether you've just been diagnosed, or you've been living with diabetes for some time. We're here to help!
Group Education Sessions:
* Group classes are taught by our diabetes team which includes a local physician, our hospital pharmacist, and dietitian.
* Class sessions are offered five times per year.
* Classes are provided as four, two hour long classes.
* An individual appointment with the program coordinator is scheduled with each patient before attending the group sessions to conduct initial assessment and education plan.
* Follow-up reports are sent to the referring provider.
* Continuous glucose monitoring
* Individual nutrition therapy with the dietitian
* Individual diabetes self-management appointments
* Monthly support group, open to all community members
* Coming in 2018 - Diabetes Prevention Program
Please click here for a referral form
Johannah O'Malley, Program Coordinator
HCH Diabetes & Wellness Education Program