Caring for you and our community since 1951
300 Utah Street, Hiawatha, KS, 66434
Message from Administrator
Board of Trustees
HCH Family Practice Clinic
HCH Highland Clinic
HCH Outpatient Specialty Clinic
Community Education & Support Groups
Diabetes & Wellness Education
Family Practice Clinic
HCH Highland Clinic
Home Health Services
Inpatient Acute Care, Skilled Care & Swing Bed Program
Nutrition and Food Services
Outpatient Specialty Clinic
Physical, Occupational & Respiratory Therapy
Social Services Department
Meet Our Physicians
Patients & Visitors
Notice of Privacy Practice
Release of Medical Records
Medical Office Assistant - Highland
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This position sends for and receives medical records from patients either in person, by phone, or by FAX as well as assisting patients in registering and making appointments as well as other requests. He/She promotes good will and customer service for the clinic through good public relations. Assist Clinic Manager in day to day operations and provides administrative support to the clinic. This position is responsible for daily deposits, change drawer and petty cash management.
High School graduate or GED equivalent. Courses in medical office administration and/or medical terminology preferred.
Requires three years of secretarial experience or office education may be substituted for experience.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities: Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills, basic computer knowledge, Microsoft office, and prior electronic health records system experience preferred.
Physical: Must possess good vision for use of computer and good hearing for answering the phone. Sits, stands and walks intermittently most of the work.
1. Sends medical reports per patient request according to HIPPA and clinic/hospital protocol.
2. Answers phone in a professional and courteous manner. Creates patient cases and /or schedules patients as required.
3. Assists front desk with patient check-in and check-out as needed.
4. Monitors and ensures assigned queues in Athena are worked daily.
5. Daily deposit, cash drawer reconciliation and petty cash management.
6. Ensures cleanliness of waiting room.
7. Assists with patient care coordination calls.
8. Provides general administrative assistance to the Clinic Manager.
9. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
10. Continual surveillance and proactive participation in ongoing Infection Prevention and Control measures in accordance with policies located in the Infection Control Manual on MCN>
Position Type :
Hiawatha Community Hospital
300 Utah Street
Hiawatha, KS 66434
Click Here to fill out our official online application.