Caring for you and our community since 1951
300 Utah Street, Hiawatha, KS, 66434
Message from Administrator
Board of Trustees
HCH Family Practice Clinic
HCH Highland Clinic
HCH Outpatient Specialty Clinic
Community Education & Support Groups
Diabetes & Wellness Education
Family Practice Clinic
HCH Highland Clinic
Home Health Services
Inpatient Acute Care, Skilled Care & Swing Bed Program
Nutrition and Food Services
Outpatient Specialty Clinic
Physical, Occupational & Respiratory Therapy
Social Services Department
Meet Our Physicians
Patients & Visitors
Notice of Privacy Practice
Release of Medical Records
Surgery Nurse Manager - Surgery
BASIC FUNCTION: Insures administration, management, and clinical services of the Surgery unit is in compliance with certification and accreditation standards, and in accordance with Hiawatha Community Hospital Policies and Procedures.
Education: Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas. Advanced education in nursing administration preferred.
Experience: At least 3 years of management experience is preferred.
1. Insures that department complies with all certification, accreditation, and licensing standards.
2. Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, patients, medical staff and the public.
3. Develops annual budget, anticipating needs, trends and staffing requirements.
4. Maintains accurate records, reports and pertinent statistical data regarding services provided and performs a continual needs analysis and evaluation of the Nursing Department.
5. Develops and implements an ongoing quality assurance program for the department being managed. Completes a PACE form to document quality improvement projects in the department. Keeps department quality calendar updated.
6. Supervises department personnel, insuring they provide patient care and treatment according to Hospital Policies and Procedures.
7. Maintains correct and continuous identification of all patients.
8. Supervises charting of patient electronic health record and other documentation.
9. Insures accurate consents and releases prior to treatment.
10. Teaches and instructs patients and family in patient care.
11. Makes recommendations to the Director of Nursing, CEO and Medical Staff regarding the purchase of new equipment as necessary to maintain a high level of patient care.
12. Insures that equipment is maintained in optimum working condition.
13. Attends Leadership team, peer review, and nurse manager, and other meetings as required.
14. Maintains a high level of professional competency by keeping abreast of current literature and taking part in post-graduate training.
15. Communicates in an effective and courteous manner with all facility personnel, visitors, and patients and maintains a neat appearance at all times.
16. Responsible for hiring, orienting, evaluating and disciplining all departmental personnel in accordance with Hiawatha Community Hospital Policies and Procedures.
17. Completes department staffing schedule and insures that the department is staffed at a level safe for quality patient care.
Position Type :
Hiawatha Community Hospital
300 Utah Street
Hiawatha, KS 66434
Click Here to fill out our official online application.